I went through my Vegan & Vegetarian boards on Pinterest the other day and decided to combine a few of the recipes there to make something new and exciting. Pretty much the only reason I can’t bring myself to be vegan is because I’m French, therefore cheese.
This was relatively simple and didn’t take very long. It got a bit fiddly, but that probably could have been avoided by chopping the grapes into half-grapes, instead of leaving them whole to race around the kitchen like tiny round hyperactive puppies.
I never was very good at similes.
Recipe after the jump
– soy sauce
– shiitake mushrooms
– red grapes
– slice and grill the aubergine
– slice the halloumi, put it on the aubergine, carry on grilling
– while that’s happening, chop the mushrooms and fry them in soy sauce
– once they’re fried, put them on top of the halloumi
– layer on some red grapes and add little smidgens of gorgonzola (or loads if you love it)
Grill until the cheese looks melty, then serve on a wooden board, because it looks pretty.