Because it’s 5.40 on a Saturday morning, I’ve been working for two hours, and I’m just about young enough to be one of those people who did loads of MySpace quizzes when they were fifteen.
I borrowed this from Frugal Queen. You can borrow it from me, if you like.
1) Do you eat blue cheese?
Yes, but not often. I prefer soft French cheeses like brie and camembert. My favourite cheese is a brillat-savarin aux truffes, but it’s expensive and you can practically feel it clogging up your arteries while you eat it, so I don’t have it very often.
2) Have you ever smoked?
Yes, but I don’t anymore.
3) Do you own a gun?
4) What flavor of Kool Aid is your favorite?
I’ve never tried it. However, I’m spending three months in America next year, so perhaps I will.
5) Do you get nervous before dental appointments?
When I was seventeen, I went to the dentist and he told me I needed an emergency root canal. I haven’t been back since. I can only eat comfortably on one side of my face. I’m aware that this isn’t sensible and at some point I’ll need to combat it and get myself to the dentist.
6) What do you think of hot dogs?
Not really a fan.
7) What’s your favorite Christmas movie?
I’m a bit notorious for my dislike of Christmas.
8) What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
9) Can you do push-ups?
I doubt it.
10) What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?
I’m not sure I have one. I really like the big pair of hoopy earrings I bought the last time I went to Glastonbury, so probably those. And I used to have a bracelet that said ‘what would Lisbeth do?’, which I thought was brilliant, but unfortunately it broke a while ago.
11) What’s your favorite hobby?
12) Do you have A.D.D.?
13) Do you wear glasses or contacts?
Nope, I have weirdly good vision.
14) What’s your middle name?
I don’t have one.
15) What are your thoughts at this moment?
“I think I might be tired, but I don’t know if I’m tired enough to go back to sleep. If I do go back to sleep, will I wake up at an odd time, and will it mess up my sleeping schedule for the next few days?”
My mind is an exciting place to be 😉
16) Name 3 drinks you regularly consume.
Black coffee, herbal tea, the cheap Red Bull alternative from Ocado.
17) What is a current worry of yours?
Bloody divorces take a really long time to come through.
18) What do you currently hate?
I don’t hate very many things, really. Perhaps the level of idiocy that provokes hatred of other people based on fear and the whims of the media. But I’d rather try to do something constructive about that than expend energy hating it.
19) Where is your favorite place to be?
It’s a toss-up between three places: home, Glastonbury, and South Carolina.
20) What do you plan on doing on New Year’s Eve this year?
I’m probably going to have a few people over and do what we did last year, which involved finding out about different NYE rituals around the world and seeing how many of them we could do before the clock struck twelve. It was fun.
21) To where would you like to travel?
South Carolina again; France and Egypt for the first time.
22) Name three people you think will do this questionnaire on their blog.
I have no idea.
23) Do you own slippers?
Yes, but I don’t wear them. During the Saga of the Spiderbeast: Part One, a huge one ran into one of my slippers. I know it’s not there anymore, because I saw my friend remove it, but I haven’t been able to move the slippers since.
24) What color shirt are you wearing?
White. It’s not really a shirt so much as a long dress thing that I use as a nightdress when I’ve accidentally put all my pyjamas in the wash at the same time.
25) Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
Can’t say I’ve ever tried it.
26) Can you whistle?
27) What is your favorite colour?
To wear: black. To look at: purple.
28) What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don’t really sing in the shower. I sing practically everywhere else, though. Most often, I sing when working, in which case I sing along with whatever playlist I feel like listening to that day, or I sing when doing the washing up, in which case it’s usually either opera, or something folky.
29) Would you be a pirate?
No, although I have always quite liked the idea of living at sea. One day I dream of having a little ship, sailing far out into the ocean, dropping anchor and disappearing for a while. But that’s because I’m antisocial, rather than because I dream of pillaging villages.
30) What’s in your pocket right now?
I’m not wearing anything with pockets right now.
31) What’s the last thing that made you laugh?
Mock The Week.
32) What vehicle do you drive?
33) Do you love where you live?
Yes, falling-down bits and all.
34) Would you change your first name if you could?
Probably not, although I have recently been considering changing it to its shortened version, which is the only one I use.